Hello! I’m Aprill Edwards
Behavioral Health Coach – “Helping Women Get Their Happy Back”
COACH | STRATEGIST | SPEAKER | CONSULTANT
I help women shed the physical, mental, and emotional weight holding them back from living healthy, happy, healed and whole–from a whole-person perspective. As a Behavioral Health Coach, my mission is to educate and empower women and girls by helping them identify and overcome the obstacles in their life holding them back from living their most fulfilled life—a life that is soulfully aligned, full of purpose, power, and prosperity. Together we break generational patterns, broken mindsets, and learned patterns and behaviors that keep women playing small instead of fully launching into a life that they may only dream about today.
It is my core belief that we can be, do or have anything we can think, dream or imagine. The ability to create that life is not found outside of us, but by tapping within. I utilizes tools and strategies related to self-discovery, self-esteem, self-help, self-empowerment, and self-love to shed the layers inhibiting women from living their most powerful, most purposeful life.
Exploring the 5 dimensions of health and wellness (physical, emotional, spiritual, social, and intellectual), women shed the physical, mental, and emotional weight that’s holding them back from living their best, most bold, most intentional life. I believe, wholeheartedly, that God has called me–putting me on the frontline to share my voice, my skills, and my life–the bad and the beautiful–to help position women and girls to live a healthy, happy, healed, and whole life.
- My mom died when I was 13, so I grew up fast.
- Early in my teenage years I began looking for love in all the wrong places.
- I was in physically and emotionally abusive relationships, starting in my teens.
- I got pregnant at the age of 17.
- I lost a full scholarship to University of IL at Chicago.
- I’ve mismanaged by financial resources.
- I had my second child as a single mom.
- I married into a toxic situation.
- I have my MBA, Business Administration.
- My 26 year old daughter, Dr. Dominique Edwards, is a Pharmacist.
- My 18 year old son is amazing and has multiple Div. 1 scholarships for basketball.
- My husband has been sober for 10 years, is a real estate investor, hard working truck driver and owns a logistics company.
- After many years of blowing it all, I am a good steward of my money, my gifts, my marriage… my life.
Yes, that’s my life.
I recall being ashamed to share my testimony—until I realized sharing it is not for me—it’s for us…women who need to be restored in some area of their life.
Isaiah 61:3 says “He will bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.” Praise God.
ISSA Certified in Fitness Nutrition & Sports Nutrition
AFFA Cert. Group Fitness Instructor
Certiﬁed Diversity & Inclusion Specialist (Cornell University)
AFAA Cert. Personal Trainer
Certiﬁed Life/Success Coach (Success Coach Institute
Cert. Project Mgr & Prog. Mgr
I have served my community in numerous capacities and have had my service acknowledged with the following accolades:
- Advancing Indy Women In Leadership Program
- Springﬁeld Business Journal’s 40 Under Forty
- Greater Springﬁeld Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership graduate
- Big Brother Big Sister of Central Illinois mentor
- Noontime Toastmasters Club, president
- District 186 Youth Leadership Saturday Academies, organizer/leader
In all, the accomplishment I am most proud of and that deems me highly qualiﬁed to serve others is that I am a Certiﬁed Overcomer of the very issues that I serve and supports others in. I am in love with life. I believe in the possibilities. I am backed by God. And, I am ready. Stick around and explore my page…and let’s connect soon.
I am grateful and thankful for my journey. And I am even more grateful to use my platform to serve and support other women and girls. Both Because She Matters and Define Your Skinny® are two programs that I was divinely inspired to create. I am confident that they will both help many women and girls conquer the world, one action and one step at a time.